Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Chapter 14 Questions
MUST USE “TEXTBOK that I have attached in file!!
1. Obviously, having optimal nutrition throughout the entire pregnancy is ideal. However, which would be a greater cause for concern, a woman who had extremely poor nutrition in the first trimester of pregnancy, or a woman who had extremely poor nutrition in the last trimester of pregnancy? Why?
2. The risk of what specific birth defect can be reduced with adequate folic intake? Why should all women who are capable of having children make sure they are getting enough folic acid, even if they are not planning on getting pregnant? What is the recommended intake for all women of child-bearing age? What is the recommended intake for pregnant women? What are three good sources of folic acid?
3. Give the recommended pattern of weight gain during pregnancy and total weight gain recommendation for a woman at a healthy weight? For an underweight woman? For an overweight woman?
4. What foods should be avoided during pregnancy? Why?
5. How many extra calories are needed per day during:
· The first trimester of pregnancy
· The second trimester of pregnancy
· The third trimester of pregnancy
· The first six months of breastfeeding
· The second six months of breastfeeding?